First, you must watch this really cute fan video made by @fullhoney1 and her sister. It is a well-made video and really fun watching them go through the whole Expo, going to all of his events (every one!). You can see them getting in trouble multiple times for filming when they’re not supposed to, but they cleverly talks their way out of it every time. =) Very Slytherin!
And then, thanks to @snitchseeker and aeolianesque and loonyllamasquared on YouTube, we have a video of Tom’s Q&A session.
And, here is a summary of fun quotes from Snitchseeker. Thanks lovlies!
• Tom Felton explained that the Harry Potter films were shot in England at the request of J.K. Rowling; he himself was glad for it as it boosted the filming industry in the UK.
• Tom joked that with the end of the Harry Potter films that he was depressed and randomly casting enchantments in an empty room. He seriously stated that he was lucky to be a part of it, and appreciated it more as time goes on.
• Tom said that he seemed to make baby cry from playing villains, though joked about that. He takes all the fan reaction as nothing but a compliment as he considers his portrayals of terrible characters as convincing.
• Tom said his first audition was with Emma Watson out of the Harry Potter cast; he said Rupert Grint was larger than life and impressive; and Daniel Radcliffe was hugely and ’10 going on 26′ years old.
• Tom was coy on ever collaborating with Harry Potter costar Matthew Lewis music-wise, as they both are musical in real life. He praised Matt’s work as Neville especially in Deathly Hallows: Part 2.
• Tom ‘certainly hopes’ to be at the celebration of the Harry Potter films at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando this November, and even mentioned that he was recently asked by the officials to attend. We will have more on that as it is released.
• Tom commented on how uncomfortable it was to film Quidditch scenes for the films, as sitting on the broomstick poles was a pain in the posterior and other places.
• Tom noted that James and Oliver Phelps, Matthew Lewis, and Daniel Radcliffe were big pranksters on the Harry Potter; Dan in their earlier production days programmed Tom’s cellular phone to read only in Turkish (something Dan also did to Robbie Coltrane’s phone).
• Tom said that he looked up to Dan and Jason Isaacs as inspirations, as well as various crew members on set.
• On the famous hug between Draco and Voldemort on the grounds of Hogwarts in Deathly Hallows: Part 2: of the 25 takes shot of Draco’s move from good to bad side, he said that the hug happened in ONE take only, and that ended up being the one shown on screen. The hug was not in the script, and entirely Ralph Fiennes’ idea.
• Tom admitted he’s never been star-struck by another celebrity or actor, but found Alan Rickman intimidating.
• Tom commented on his bemusement and surprise at Draco being put in a relationship with various other Harry Potter actors, and noted Drarry, Dramione, and oddly enough Drapple (Draco with an apple). He commented on the now-famous manipulated photo of him and Dan as Harry, and that in fact that never took place (at least not photographed).