Yesterday was the press event for the opening of „Harry Potter: The Exhibition“ in Cologne / Germany.
I (Estrella89San) got an invitation for the preview of this exhibition and had the chance to interview Matthew Lewis aka Neville Longbottom.
1. What do you think keeps bringing fans back to Potter and these experiences after all this time? What is your favorite part about attending events?
2. Do you have plans to crack the US market like some of your Potter costars? Or are there upcoming projects you can tell us about?
3. You’ve been traveling a lot for work lately, where is one place you really want to visit on your time off?
4. Who would you have wanted to play Neville’s Grandmother in the series?
5. Having been in a band, would you ever like to play a guitarist in a film? Perhaps a biopic? Or maybe record a song with the other Potter actors who are musically inclined?
6. What one current actor would you love to work with?
7. Have you heard of the verb “longbottomed” which refers to kids who start out awkward-looking and then get hot when they are older?
same interview – other view:
Here are some photos of him on the red carpet:
Matt with Willi Herren and his son:Matt with Andreas von Thien:
More photos of Matt on my photobucket account – click h e r e
BTW, the exhibition is fantastic and for all fans, who can’t visit the Warner Bros. Studio Tour in London or The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando, is this a great chance to see many stuff of Harry Potter.
HARRY POTTER™: THE EXHIBITION OPENS FRIDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2014
AT THE ADVENTURE MUSEUM ODYSSEUM IN COLOGNE
October 1, 2014 – COLOGNE, Germany – Harry Potter fans in Germany will finally have the chance to take a step into the famous wizard’s magical world when Harry Potter: The Exhibition opens its doors this Friday at the Adventure Museum ODYSSEUM in Cologne‐Kalk. The exhibition will be open to the public for a limited time beginning October 3, 2014, and tickets are available now at www.odysseum.de. The world‐class exhibition, created by Global Experience Specialists, Inc. (GES) in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products, was transported to Cologne in twenty‐five semi-trucks and took fifteen days to set up at the ODYSSEUM. Once inside, visitors will be awed by dramatic displays inspired by the film sets and see the amazing craftsmanship behind hundreds of authentic costumes, props and creatures from the films.
“We are proud to present Germany with Harry Potter: The Exhibition at the ODYSSEUM. We could not be happier that the opening day is finally here, and are thrilled to see the excitement in everyone who has the chance to experience this truly magical exhibition,” commented Andreas Waschk, CEO of AWC AG and general manager of Science Center Services GmbH.
The ODYSSEUM will be the exhibition’s second stop on its European tour following a stop in Norrköping, Sweden, at Nya Parken. Since its highly successful premiere at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago in 2009, it has been presented in a variety of major cultural and entertainment institutions and museums in cities around the world including Boston, Toronto, Seattle, New York, Sydney, Singapore and Tokyo.
Harry Potter: The Exhibition will be shown from October 3, 2014 for a limited time, and will be open during the ODYSSEUM’s regular opening hours: Mondays to Thursdays from 9 am to 7 pm, Fridays to Sundays, bank holidays and school holidays in North Rhine-Westphalia from 9 am to 8 pm.
Tickets to Harry Potter: The Exhibition are available at the ODYSSEUM’s box office, through the ticket hotline 01805-404760 or through www.odysseum.de and www.eventim.de. Timed-entry tickets are required, and last entry will be 90 minutes before closing of the ODYSSEUM. Tickets for Harry Potter: The Exhibition include general admission to the Adventure Museum and are 29,95€ for adults, 23,95€ for children and 99,95€ for families. Audio tours are available, limited to a daily allotment; it is highly recommended to reserve them in advance.