As a child, Tom Felton loved movies of Robin Hood and James Bond

Tom Felton talked about his “Film Journeys” with FILMCLUB. The site filmclub.org asked: “What film set you on your journey to becoming an actor or director?”

To celebrate the launch of FILMCLUB’s ‘Film Journeys’ campaign, we’ve been talking to stars of the silver screen to learn about their own personal film journeys — asking them which films inspired them to seek out new places, or set them on the road to becoming a top actor or director.

Watch the video to find out who we spoke to and what films inspired them to pursue their dreams…

Tom at 1:46

Video of Tom Felton with Ben Lyons of E! Online

While Tom was on vacation in Las Vegas last week, he had the opportunity to join in on the premiere of Get Him to the Greek, a film starring Jonah Hill and Russell Brand. Tom had a small cameo in the film that he discussed over blackjack with Ben Lyons of E! Online.

In the interview, Tom discussed doing the scariness of improvisation, how he would like to continue doing comedy after finishing with Potter, and the “wittier than most” Harry Potter jokes he had thrown at him by Jonah Hill.

Thanks to Melissamoo for the find!

The Fluidity of the Deathly Hallows, or How to Keep Your Options Open, by Tom Felton

I’m seriously wondering about the phone charges Tom and MTV News racked up with this next installment of their Epic Phone Call. In part 4, Tom discussed the fluidity of the Deathly Hallows split as written into the script. The last book in the Harry Potter series is being split into two films, and the division is still a heavily guarded, possibly not decided yet, secret.

At some point in the cinematic adaptation of J.K. Rowling’s “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows,” the filmmakers are going to take an eight-month break: the time between the November 2010 opening of the first part and the July 2011 release of the second. The big question, of course, is where exactly the break will be.

Last summer, we got word that part one of “Deathly Hallows” would end directly after Harry (Daniel Radcliffe), Ron (Rupert Grint) and Hermione (Emma Watson) are captured by the Snatchers. Part two would then open as Harry, his friends and their captors arrive at Malfoy Manor. But it seems like nothing, at this point, is definite when it comes the much-hyped “Deathly Hallows” split.

“The scripts were set for it,” co-star Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) told MTV News. “There was one and two. There had to be a middle point. But they’ve said throughout it could change.”

The decision to keep the split point fluid was made both as a practical and creative matter: With the story is shot as one long film, the filmmakers are free to change their minds about where the split makes sense in post-production. “It’s tricky to shoot as two separate films, so we’ve been trying to think of it as one and just shoot as much as possible and once they’ve edited it down, it will feel like there’s a natural cut somewhere in the middle,” Felton explained.

Regardless of what might happen in the edit room, was the split, as planned in the scripts, supposed to be Harry and his friends’ kidnapping? “I wouldn’t want to speculate, because I’ll probably get it wrong anyway,” Felton said.

Don’t forget to keep voting for Tom as Best Villain at the MTV Movie Awards. Still unsure how? Check out our Slytherin’s Guide to Voting for all the details.

SOURCE

Tom Felton kicks off his Sunday Shoes in Part 3 of MTV Interview

In part 3 of Tom’s epic MTV phone call the other day (because really, MTV is such a tease releasing these tantalizing tidbits spread out like this), they asked him what he thought about our push for #FootlooseFelton on Twitter.

When Chace Crawford backed out of Craig Brewer‘s “Footloose” remake last month, we offered up a few suggestions as to who we thought would be a good substitute to replace him as leading man. Turns out fans of Tom Felton thought the actor, better known as Draco Malfoy, was the best man for the job, and started a campaign last month to petition for him to get the role.

Thanks to the power of the Internet, such petitions actually have a chance to be heard, and apparently Tom’s fans bugged Craig enough on Twitter that he responded on April 28 with, “Attention all @TomFelton fans that have tweeted me in the campaign to cast Tom Felton as Ren in Footloose! I hear you. Y’all are true fans.”

So when we got Tom on the phone recently to talk to him about his MTV Movie Awards nomination as Best Villain for his role in “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince,” we couldn’t resist asking him if he had heard about the campaign too.

“Someone told me about that the other day actually. I was on Twitter and someone told me. There was the hash tag thing, #FootlooseFelton, and I had no idea what it meant at first,” Tom admitted. “But, I mean I put it to the film and stuff. I have heard of it, yeah.”

Even though he wasn’t especially familiar with the 80s American classic, Tom said he has always been a big fan of music and would love to take on a song-and-dance challenge.

“It’s maybe not even something I would have done in my previous past but it’s certainly something that I’d love to take on head first. I would love to be in a remake. That would be so cool,” he said.

Don’t forget to keep voting for Tom as Best Villain at the MTV Movie Awards. Still unsure how? Check out our Slytherin’s Guide to Voting for all the details.

SOURCE